I took an hour out yesterday afternoon to cycle around west Gatley. Starting out across the Carrs (where the top meadow has now been mown and work is being planned for the ponds), I headed along Lorna Grove and Dingle Grove, Altrincham Road, Park Road, Mount Grove, Cranston Grove, Malvern Avenue, Brookdale Road, Stonepail Close, Greenbank Avenue, Styal Road, around Baxter Park, then onto Windsor Avenue, Willcott Road, Clifton Drive, Barngate Road and Newby Drive.
OK, I’ll confess it was partly because I enjoy cycling around the local villages, but there was a point to it all. In addition to speaking to a few people, I was once again on the trail of those nasty potholes and dodgy pavements.
So here are some I’ll be reporting to the Council shortly:
- Pothole on Park Road by the junction with Cranston Drive
- Pothole on Windsor Avenue near the junction with Park Road
- Dropped paving stone near 5 Brookdale Road
- Pothole just down from 4 Stonepail Close
- Several paving stones dangerously sticking up on Highcrest Avenue: outside numbers 16/18, 12/14, 8/10, 4/6.
- Pavement in poor condition by tree outside numbers 35/37 Halstead Grove
- Dropped paving stone outside 46 Halstead Grove
- Pothole by manhole cover on Church Road outside A&I supplies (by Gatley Green).
There – wasn’t that exciting? If there’s a street issue that you spot, like potholes, dodgy pavements, overgrowing foliage or broken streetlamps, let me know.