by Iain Roberts on 21 February, 2014
Stockport Homes has done the double at this year’s Housing Innovation Awards, winning the ‘Most Innovative Refurbishment Project’ and ‘Most Innovative Housing Provider (medium sized company)’ awards. The winners
were announced at an awards ceremony on 6 February 2014.
Stockport Homes won the ‘Most Innovative Housing Provider (medium)’ award for being more than a social landlord and striving to ‘transform lives’, with successes including:
• developing a new Continuous Improvement Framework to drive our service improvement under the Government’s agenda of co-regulation by Boards and customers;
• developing a strong Customer Scrutiny Panel which reviews and challenges the services provided;
• supporting 20 customers to enter employment, 22 into education / training and 24 into volunteering opportunities;
• providing debt and welfare rights advice, resulting in £326,982 worth of debt written off on behalf of customers; and
• providing a deposit scheme to help 42 customers to access private rented housing since April 2013.
Stockport Homes won the ‘Most Innovative Refurbishment Project’ award for its Mottram Street refurbishment project which was delivered in partnership with British Gas. This innovative project delivered four attractively modern residential blocks that have helped customers improve fuel efficiency. Project highlights include:
• installing new external wall insulation with a high quality chameleon finish;
• fitting new A-rated aluminium windows;
• saving customers around £176 per year on fuel bills;
• fitting new roofing overlay for all tower blocks; and
• installing two new biomass boilers to complement the existing district heating network.
Roger Phillips, Chair of Stockport Homes’ Board said, “It is fantastic that we won not one, but two awards at the Housing Innovation Awards. These awards recognise all the hard work and innovative ideas that staff have put into continually improve customers’ homes and lives.”Leave a comment