Cheadle Area Committee is next Tuesday, 14th July. It’s at the Ladybridge Park Residents Club, Edenbridge Road, Cheadle Hulme. As always it starts at 6pm and it’s an open meeting – everyone is welcome.
On this month’s agenda:
- Planning application 56819 – new house proposed for 9 Rodmill Drive, Gatley. Planning officers recommend refusal.
- Planning application 57942 – application to split 22 Cranston Grove granny flat into a separate dwelling. Planning officers recommend granting for a trial period of one year.
- Planning application 58710 – application to convert Bruntwood Hall into boutique hotel. We previously rejected this on the grounds of insufficient parking but there has since been work done which should provide enough parking. Officers recommend that, in effect, we say to officers “yes this can go ahead as long as the applicant agree to pay the extra money we want to improve the park”.
- Planning application 58745 – extension and improvements to 12 Mill Lane, Cheadle Hulme to accommodate the needs of a seriously disabled resident. No objections received, but has to go through committee because it’s in the green belt. Officers recommend grant.
- Update on planning enforcement action in the area, including notification that a prosecution is now pending over the owners of 2 Massie Street, Cheadle failing to replace the inappropriate windows in a property in the conservation area.
- Proposal for double-yellow lines at the junction of Broadway and Barcheston Road, Cheadle.
- Proposal to take money from past planning applications and allocate it to improving play areas: £12,700 for Bruntwood Park, £1,840 for Diamond Jubilee Park and £1,171 for Gatley Rec. The money goes into a pot for each park, to be spent when there’s enough to do something useful with it.
- Application for a further lease for Abney Hall Park Cafe – officers are recommending a one year lease and this is for comment from the committee.
- Application from Cheadle Civic Society to run Makers’ Markets in September, October and November.
- Application for another Bark in the Park event at Abney Park – this year on 20th September