Cheadle Area Committee is at 6pm on Tuesday 29th September at the Ladybridge Residents Club, Edenbridge Road, Cheadle Hulme. It’s a public meeting and all are welcome to attend.
On the September agenda:
- A petition asking the council to improve the skateboard ramps at Gatley Rec Ground.
- Requests for funding from the council’s Ward Flexibility Funding which allocates grants of up to £1,000 to local community groups and clubs. Requests this month are for money towards a sculpture on Gatley Green to commemorate servicemen who have lost their lives in war, towards Cheadle’s Victorian Christmas market and towards repairs of the roof of Cheadle Village Hall (the Drill Hall on Brook Road).
- Planning application 57891 for a new house to be build in the back garden of 14 Lynton Vale Avenue, Gatley.
- Planning application 58331 for a new MRI scanning unit at the Alex and change of use of the old coal yard into a car park.
- Planning application 59168 alterations to 19 Dawson Road, Heald Green to turn it into a dormer bungalow.
- Proposal to allow cycling along the path from the entrance to Gatley Station to the end of Brentwood Drive, part of the new cycle route.
- Report on a new way to deal with damage to grass verges – something we’re looking to take up locally.
- New double-yellow lines to replace current single-yellow lines on Cheadle Road at the junction with Victoria Avenue, Cheadle Hulme.
- New double-yellow lines at the junction of Burns Avenue and Shakespeare Drive, Cheadle Hulme
- 21 local residents have formed the “Friends of High Grove” and asked the Council to make the High Grove Pub on Silverdale Road a protected community asset. This would mean that, were the owners to sell it, the community would have six months to put together a bid to buy it (at its market price).
- Proposal to offer the old pavilion on Gatley Rec to let and put it out to the market. This relates to a proposal the owner of Piccolo, has made to refurbish and use the pavilion.