Your Lib Dem team for Cheadle & Gatley Learn more
Read more on this
by Iain Roberts on 28 April, 2015
A handy infographic from Mark Pack.
These are National Issues, so what have you done in Cheadle as Liberal without the other parties having a say in it. Please
Hi Arthur, I hope we report on that week after week on this website, but to give a few examples:
– improvements to Cheadle High Street
– securing funding for the A6 to Manchester Airport relief road, now being constructed.
– £100 million investment in re-laying every bad road and pavement, with work well underway in Cheadle.
– secured improvements to the Kingsway junction and a major study this summer to look at how to really make a big difference.
– progress towards Metrolink for Cheadle
– freed up short-stay parking spaces in car parks
– plus many more smaller wins
Well they have approved lots of housing developments that will lead to increased congestion on the A34, spent money on narrowing Manchester Road, which has made it more dangerous.
Spent money on a pedestrian crossing in Cheadle, which was apparently an accident blackspot that had not had any accident in the last three years. I was informed that this was done with consultation, yet I have not met anyone who was consulted. I live in Cheadle, shop in Cheadle, and commute through Cheadle ( as do my family) yet none of us was consulted!
Shame you didn’t check this very website at the time where full details of the consultation sessions were publicised. There were also leaflets in shops and local residents were leafleted by the council.
All I can say is that I received nothing, neither did anyone I know.
I take it that by not commenting on my 1st paragraph, and only my 2nd, you do not disagree with those comments.
Shame about Mark losing his seat – but I feel this is more a reflection of people voting for a Conservative Party that had a chance of forming a majority government to block the SNP being kingmakers to Labour.
You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>